Big Dan's NBBQA Bash NBBQA
An NBBQA Networking & Educational two-day event for the BBQ family
Big Dan's Barbecue240 Southern Drive
Catawissa, PA 17820
BIG DAN'S NBBQA BASH
Come join us at the Big Dan's Barbecue located on Rohrbach's Farm in beautiful Catawissa, Pennsylvania. Big Dan's NBBQA Bash gathers members and people from across the industry to network, learn and participate in a variety of topics and activities around the Business of BBQ. Whether you are a product owner, run a restaurant, are involved in media, or any other sector of BBQ, there are boundless opportunities to network, learn, and grow at this popular event.
There are a variety of conference registration options:
- Member Package - $199.00 - All networking events including education, networking sessions, and all meals. (Only available to NBBQA members)
- Non-Member Package - $299.00 - All networking events including education, networking sessions, and all meals.
- ALL Registrations are welcome up to 14 days before the event
What are the meals and networking events?
- Sunday Registration and Member Welcome Picnic 4:30 - 6:00 PM
- Monday Breakfast - Welcome and NBBQA Vision
- Monday Lunch - Big Dan's Barbecue
- Monday Dinner - Unida Pizza and Turkey Hill Brewery on Tee to Green
What are the educational sessions?
Sunday, August 15, 2022
4:30 pm – 6:00 pm: Membership Picnic and Registration at Big Dan's Barbecue.
Monday, August 16, 2022- Day 1 of Conference
8:00 am – 9:00 am:
- Continental Breakfast at Big Dan's Barbecue
9:00 am – 10:00 am:
- Welcome. Dan and Denise Bosworth welcome you to Big Dan's Barbecue & Rohrbach Family Farm and share their farm and barbecue story.
- NBBQA Vision Kell and Janet Phelps update us on their vision for NBBQA
10:00 am - 11:00 pm: Creating a Positive Work Environment by Dan and Denise Bosworth, Owner/Operators of Big Dan's BBQ and Rohrbach Farm and members of the National Barbecue Association.
11:00 am - 12:00 pm: The Making of a BBQ Book presented by Ray Sheehan, a certified Kansas City Barbecue Society Judge and a member of the National Barbecue Association. His Memphis Mop BBQ Sauce won “Best BBQ Sauce in the World” by BBQ Buddha and an Award of Excellence from the National Barbecue Association. His BBQ sauce and rubs are sold in stores throughout the United States, and he has been featured in Tailgater Magazine, the Barbecue News Magazine, The Coaster, and more. Ray is the author of Award-Winning BBQ Sauces and How to Use Them: The Secret Ingredient to Next-Level Smoking and Big Green Egg Basics from a Master Barbecuer.
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm: Lunch at Big Dan's Barbecue.
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm: Utilizing Leftovers presented by Sunny Moody of Mood Swing BBQ and a competitor on this season's BBQ Brawl. Sunny is the 2021 World Food Steak Champion and has received numerous awards, including Grand Champion, Reserve Grand, and multiple 1st places and top 5 finishes in multiple categories in BBQ and Grilling. After a life-altering diagnosis of a brain and spinal malformation along with MS, Sunny went through a major lifestyle transformation losing 80 pounds which ignited a fire inside her to become a certified nutrition coach and personal trainer. She now develops recipes with her extensive background in nutrition and nothing gives her more satisfaction than teaching others how to create mouthwatering food through BBQ and Grilling.
2:30 - 4:00 pm: Networking Question and Answer Panel - Ray Sheehan, Dan & Denise Bosworth, Sunny Moody, Kell & Janet Phelps
4:30 pm - 8:00 pm: Networking Time at Tee To Green Golf Center and Unida Pizza
If you should, unfortunately, need to cancel refunds will be given as below:
Before 30 days 90% refund
Before 14 days 75% refund
13 days or less 0% refund