Getting Started on the New Website
Have you activated your account on www.nbbqa.org yet? The new look and feel website is packed with easy access information for members only.
If you are already a NBBQA member you still need to ‘create an account’ on the new website, as changing systems didn’t allow to transfer old passwords and similar. This can be done two ways
1) Click the ‘LOGIN’ button – it will bring up the screen below. However, if your first time you must still click on the ‘Create an Account’. Using the old details, or clicking on ‘forgot password won’t work until this step is done.
2) Click on the ‘JOIN’ button. This will bring up two options, ‘Already a Member’ Click on ‘create an account’ is the one you want.
Both of these will bring you to the following screen. Don’t forget to click the ‘I accept Terms and Conditions’ otherwise it won’t work.
From here if you are registered you will get the following pop-up were you can click 'Verify', and a code will be immediately emailed.
Simply place the emailed varification code in then you will be logged into the new system.
The first thing to do is click on your name and check all the details about you are correct. Doing this opens a thing called the Member Compass. It allows you to view all the aspects of your membership. On the homepage, it will show your membership details, including when it will expire, as well as the latest articles related to SIGs you are enrolled in the top right is a link to your profile details – it is worth making sure that this is all up to date.
Most important parts are:
- To check that all your SIG selections are correct! To access the information, Newsletters, Meetups and similar, you must be registered here. Enthusiast gets access to competition and/or enthusiast
Professional gets access to 4 of the 7 offered.
- You have a photo as this is a key element to the membership directory
- Profile details are filled out so you can share them with other NBBQA members to promote yourself and your brand.
When the details are filled out in the membership directory, it will look like this…
If you still have any questions, please click the Contact Us button